The following instructions come from Matfer Bourgeat, and can be used as a guideline for seasoning your Matfer Bourgeat Frying Pan, as well as other carbon steel skillets/pans.
It is important to season your fry pan before the first use for longer life and the best results in your cooking. Seasoning ensures the cooking surface will be non-stick.
- Place your frying pan under hot running water for a few minutes to remove what remains of the protection layer, cleaning with a soft brush if necessary.
- Thoroughly dry your new frying pan.
- In your new pan, fry in a portion of oil, slices of sprinkled potatoes and a large portion of salt for a few minutes.
- Discard the contents of your pan.
- Briefly, reheat your frying pan with a little oil, remove from heat and wipe with paper.
- You’re now ready to cook with your new pan.
After each use:
- Wipe with paper or if necessary, rinse under hot running water.
- Clean without dish washing liquid.
- Dry and re-grease lightly.